Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Letters D & E!

It has been a few weeks since I have posted, but we have still been doing our projects! We started going to story time at the library this week too, which was a lot of fun! We will be doing that in the upcoming weeks as well. For now here are some of the things we have been working on...

D is for:

DOG! I cut out the letter D, a circle for the nose, an ear and rectangle collar for each of the boys to glue together. I also had some shiny circle pieces (I really don't know what they are called or what they are actually used for :)) that I thought would work perfect for the tag! 
 They were being silly!

DUCK! For our duck we used yellow paint for their hand prints, an orange marker for the feet and bill and a googly eye. Simple enough. :) I also helped them finger paint the work "duck"!

DAD! What is more important of a D-word than Dad?! Both of these boys are blessed with amazing daddies so we made them a little paper weight out of salt dough. I googled the recipe and I wasn't really thrilled with the results, it didn't turn out very smooth on top and the bottom is still soft. I plan on making some Christmas ornaments out of salt dough and will be trying a different recipe for those. (If you have one that has turned out great please share!) 

I printed a coloring sheet with the letter D and a dolphin on it for another day but forgot to get any pictures ooops! I honestly don't know what moms did with their children before the internet. There are so many great resources, especially Pinterest! 

E is for:

EYES! We glued a bunch of googly eyes (from the Dollar Tree) onto our letter E! I haven't been using my Cricut to cut out the letters. It's really just as easy to cut them out myself, they aren't perfect but as long as the boys can tell what letter it is my job is done! 

EARTH! We do so much with capitol letters I realized we needed to start doing some lowercase as well. I saw this "earth" craft on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect!

EGG! I felt a little weird doing an Easter egg craft so close to Halloween but I don't think it really mattered to them. :) 

Next week I plan on taking a break from our letters to work on some Halloween fun. You will have to see what we come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment