Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Letter A!

Now that Aidan and Landon are home with me throughout the week I want to make sure they are learning something new each day. The first thing we will be working on are our letters; we will be focusing on one letter each week. This past week we worked on the letter "A". I am trying to incorporate crafts, books, snacks, etc., that begin with the letter. Here are some of our projects!

A is for:
ACORN! Brian, Aidan, and I went hunting for acorns at Brian's parents' house for this project. (I also used some for my fall decorations!:)) Our snack for the day was ANIMAL crackers.

ALLIGATOR! I got this idea from Pinterest. I have a Cricut Explore machine so I used that to cut out the A, then cut some triangles for the teeth. Super easy- even without a Cricut, it wouldn't be hard to cut out the letters! 

ANT! If you google "alphabet worksheet printables" there are THOUSANDS of options, completely free! This one was an ant so for our snack we had "ANTS on a log", yum! 

APPLE! I used my Cricut for some help with this project as well. I cut out a rectangle and an oval for the tree, then some small apples for them to glue on the apple tree. We read Chicka Chicka 123 and had apples for a snack!

The best thing about all of these projects was that I was able to do all of them with out spending ANY extra money! I have an abundance of card stock, from my scrap booking days, so the paper was on-hand. I also planned what we would be doing before I went to the grocery store so I was able to add the foods into our normal list. I do plan on going to the Dollar Tree this week and picking up a few things but it will still be very inexpensive! We are doing the alphabet in order so next week will be the letter B!

What kind of projects do you do with your preschooler/toddlers? 

No comments:

Post a Comment